Monday, April 23, 2012

LET'S SAVE WHISTLING WOODS !! : The only international level media and film making institute


Save the Worlds top 10, Asia's largest, India's only full-fledged Film School.
Save Whistling Woods
Save India's Bright Future
Save Education

sign the petition : http://www.change.org/petitions/save-our-future?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall

details of the movement :
Support world-class media education in India! Support the Whistling Woods petition!


This student-driven campaign is important because we are in danger of losing a world class campus with state of the art technology and unparalleled industry opportunities. While I’m sure you have heard about the Whistling Woods matter in the media, here is a brief statement of facts:



1. The MSFCDC a wholly owned government of Maharashtre Undertaking, commonly known as Filmcity, and Mukta Arts came together in a joint venture to set up Whistling Woods International – Institute for Film, Communication, Animation and Media Arts in 2000.
2. Today, Whistling Woods is one of the top 10 film schools in the world and is dutifully bridging the gap in the film & media industry of trained & educated talent. (See full institutional profile & achievements in the following section)
3. The state government filed an affidavit in 2010 in response to a PIL stating that they had not followed proper paperwork in the formation of the joint venture.
4. The courts ordered the joint venture to be cancelled and ordered the land and building to be handed over to the state government.
5. Mukta Arts has invested over 100 crores in good faith and the same should not go to waste.
6. We are hence putting together a petition to take to the President of India to intervene in the matter.

We need support from all those who believe that world-class education should be encouraged in India.


Kindly sign this petition to show your support!

              *************************A student's perspective *************************


*********************by a whistling wood student**********************************


After completing my 10th grade board exams I had to make a choice, like many other students as to
what I wanted to do in life and in which field to make my career in. My parents took me to an education
fair where I was exposed to very many streams of learning. That was the first time I personally came to
know about Whistling Woods International and visited the campus with my parents to learn more about
the courses it offered. I remember us coming back home and discussing it with my grandparents and
every word I spoke, they could make out I was completely awestruck, and awestruck I was!

Within the next few days itself I was damn sure, this is the place where I want to study. Whistling
Woods International, I thought had been custom made to the things I was looking for. It made me put
all my passions of dance, stage-drama, photography, story telling, etc. all together into films. I had
also researched about the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune and the Satyajit Ray Film and
Television Institute in Kolkata but the courses there were all post-graduate courses and I wanted to
start off immediately because I knew by then that I wanted to get into filmmaking. Whistling Woods
International actually saved 3 years of my life which I would have just spent pursuing a degree, because
I could join straight after my 12th grade board exams. I was floored by the equipment they provided
students to work with, and that too hands on. The first time I actually visited the campus, my mother got
tired walking all around the huge campus, I remember her very innocently asking the person showing
us the huge sound mixing console in the Dolby room whether all the buttons on it work or not! On top
of all that Subhash Ghai’s name was associated with the institute and that was an important factor in
convincing my parents to send me to Whistling Woods International.

I still remember how excited I was on the first day we had classes. Students of all age groups from
all over India and the world were together in one classroom learning from the best in the industry.
Through my course in Whistling Woods International it has become like a second home to me. I come
early morning, have breakfast with my classmates and even with teachers at times with talks about
films, we go into our classes and they end around 5pm. We have films screenings in the evenings or
guest interactions with professionals working in the industry. Later we go to the library or work on our
student films, discussing script ideas with our mentors, or having pre-production meetings with the crew,
or editing our films or if nothing else we would go to the student’s lounge and play table tennis and
pool. My mother complaints at times that I only come home to sleep but I can’t help it, Whistling Woods
involves me all throughout the day!



**********************do sign the petition nd encourage others too**************************
P.S : all information and article shared by Shray Jay mishra, a student of Whistling wood.
If you have any queries to ask you can contact him on facebook at : https://www.facebook.com/shrayjaimishra

No comments:

Post a Comment